Tuesday 1 February 2011


This is the house for the French-Norwegian Culture Centre and the French consulate.
I have a friend who has started in a French conversation class here.
Probably a very good idea! (Most of us here in Norway use English before French, German or perhaps Spanish) .
The center also has an exhibition area for art, together with a section for books, films and magazines for those who are interested.
Some company employees (and their children) who are going to move to France attend private courses arranged through the center.

12 comments:

Mo said...

I still struggle with English (that's my first language)

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha ha, good one Mo.

Gunn said...

I agree with Steffe....;)

Leif Hagen said...

It looks very Norwegian from the outside and I suppose it looks French on the inside, non?!

Michelle said...

Interesting post and I really like the way the light is reflecting on the building. Nice.

Jack said...

That looks handsome. I like the way the blues work with the building and the sky.

VP said...

I am sure to like this place!

Halcyon said...

A lovely building. The colors are great.

James Mark said...

Mo is not the only one struggling with mother-tongue English. The standard in the media is pretty awful at the moment, even on the BBC, but on this subject, I'm a GOM (grumpy old man). Nice photo btw!

Birdman said...

I like the blue tint to this one.

biebkriebels said...

The French are promoting themselves abroad. In Amsterdam we have "Maison Descartes" with the same intentions. I like the nice wooden building.

Paulo Rafael said...

I love the differents blues, nice!