Wednesday 20 January 2010


Haiti....
What does this artistic blue oil painting have to do with that?
Well yesterday evening I attended a monthly meeting (a group of six women) in a private house where I again looked at this piece of aesthetically pleasing BLUE art.....
While we were sitting discussing things from our agenda the door bell rang, and it was a man outside collecting money for the Red Cross, money that should go to Haiti.
When I came back home I checked the news on internet, and read that the artist of the painting I had admired earlier in the evening, is going to donate one of his big oil paintings to an auction being held by the Red Cross in Stavanger.
I am impressed about KJELL PAHR - IVERSEN. He is a well known artist, and it just shows that we can all do SOMETHING to help the people who now are in this tragic situation!

10 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

I love the blue painting and what a great guy to donate one of his paintings to help Haiti! We took a collection at our Eagan Rotary lunch meeting today for Haiti!

Kaori said...

What a wonderful artist to use his talents in order to help others! The painting really is beautiful :)

VP said...

Not really my kind of stuff, but appreciate the author's good intentions.

Chuck Pefley said...

Bravo for Kjell Pahr-Ivesen! The rough surface texture of his painting style is nice and lends depth to a typically two dimensional craft.

Tash said...

wonderful painting offset by the traditional chair. & wonderful person, that artist. very thoughtful post.

Mo said...

Wonderful art and gesture

Lowell said...

That is a superb painting and it is noteworthy that the artist is giving back to help others!

Halcyon said...

I love the painting. The colors are soothing and the texture is also neat.

I also hope the victims in Haiti get the help they need. A lot of people are giving money and I really hope it gets to them and not bogged up in the administrations of the different aid agencies.

amatamari© said...

Thanks - and not only for the wonderful photos ...

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic post with lots of meaning! I'm very glad you told us this story.