Saturday 28 January 2017

Which book do YOU recommend others to read this year?

















Last year I became so fascinated about a small book, about SILENCE. It was one of very few books I read in 2016. (This year I hope to read several books)
I saw it in the bookshop, it looked different, but reminded me of French books with the white cover, and I flicked through it and decided that it would be NUMBER ONE to read.

The Norwegian author Erling Kagge is absolutely not an A4 person. I mean this positively. (Google the name.)
What is silence ? - Where is it ? - Why is it more important than ever?
Three questions and the author tries to give 33 answers.....

The book rights have been sold to at least 10 countries, so do ask for it, if you are interested.

Let us see if there will be possible to make a long list of book recommendations for 2017.
Please add your choice in the comment section underneath.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I imagine a translation will turn up here.

At the moment, I'm going through a catalogue book on the artist Elizabeth Vigee LeBrun that I'm enjoying.

Lowell said...

My book, of course: "PERCHED ON THE EDGE," which is comprised of edgy and funky poems. It is available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble and other fine bookstores.

Linda said...

Although it is an older book, it is one of the best I have read. "Bringing Out the Best in People" by Alan Loy McGinnis. :)