Friday 30 July 2010


This is NOT where I had lunch or dinner today, but I would have loved too....
Anyway, I just passed this beautiful and very elegant restaurant in the "Gordon Ramsay" tent, where chefs from The Culinary Institute of Norway, in cooperation with Gordon Ramsay, served a five course dinner, including wine.

(Anyway, today I have attended a very nice guided group tour (around lunchtime) with http://www.matsafari.no including an interesting tour around the canning museum. I will tell you more about that later.)

So, where is YOUR favorite place for dinner? If the place has a webpage, announce your number one place here.....

Have a nice weekend, and please send some sunshine this way. If you see the weather sign on this blog you understand why.

8 comments:

James Mark said...

El Piano, York and Granada. Not as posh as your photo, but good, tasty, tapas-style food (or grub or scran, to use some colloquial nouns).

http://www.el-piano.com/
and
http://jorvikdailyphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/music-for-your-mouth-2.html

Lowell said...

That would have been fun and I'm sorry that you weren't able to be part of it. You should have a name tag made showing you to be an important photographer for some national magazine...maybe they'd let you in next time?

Have a great weekend!

Dianne said...

That tent setting is tres elegant!
My very favourite place for a seriously good long lunch is: "Le Clos du Patre" Caromb in Provence
Have a great week-end
Dianne xx

Thomas Hammerlund said...

That looks like a great place for a wedding.

Jack said...

Not necessarily a favorite place, but tonight we had a wonderful retirement dinner for my wife at Max Downtown, a restaurant in Hartford, CT. The Max grouop has about ten excellent restaurants in our region, all of them different and all of them excellent.

Francisca said...

Yes, quite elegant. I like all white with hints of color for a dining setting... brings out the colors of the food, too. I don't have a "favorite" dining place (other than home; my husbands cooking delights me) as I don't too often eat in the same place more than once!

VP said...

I do not dine out very often, if not on holidays, so I can safely say at home.

Unknown said...

That is truly pretty!

This is my favourite place to eat in Lisbon: http://www.bicadosapato.com/