Thursday 29 January 2015

What is worth demonstrating for?





















Yesterday thousands of people were on strike and demonstrating to say a big NO to the new regulations that will change employees conditions for the worse!

I hope the politicians will know what to vote for!

SO WHAT IS WORTH DEMONSTRATING FOR??

Do you remember Paris a few weeks back??


But locally there are situations like:
An unsafe road where kids are going to school?
Local hospitals closing down?
An industrial company that the owners are selling, and will be moved out of the country?

I think STRIKING/ DEMONSTRATIONS are a democratic right that is important!!

Have YOU been out striking?

I don`t know the name of todays model, but I was allowed to put it out here. So thanks, Mr.X :)

7 comments:

Revrunner said...

Sounds like a right royal brouhaha.

biebkriebels said...

You have the right to let your voice hear and it is nescessary. Things in Europe are not going well.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think its a good thing for people to be able to strike, much better if they do it peacefully though. Good reporting Gunn.

William Kendall said...

It seems more and more these days that governments don't care less what people think anyway.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I do think peaceful protests make politicians and the government aware of the feelings of the people! Good post!

VP said...

As I have already said, I do not believe much in demonstrations, but obviously everybody has the right to do this...

Carola Bartz said...

Strikes and demonstrations are a basic right in a democracy, but in a peaceful way. It doesn't help the cause at all if it turns violent.
When I was young - back in my days as a student at university - I joined demonstrations when I thought it was worth it and it was according to my beliefs.