Wednesday 20 July 2011

GLADMAT 2011


Who is in charge of the weather?

Well, I guess the people at "GLADMAT", the 13th. annual food festival in Stavanger, must have been more than happy! No rain today, and lots of people turned up to see and taste food!

The last few days the rain has been pouring down day and night, and than suddenly it stopped just before the opening of the festival!

I had a quick look around, I tried some Ethiopian food, and finished of with coffee and chocolate from Egersund. New to me.
There is reasonably priced food, and if you are willing to pay 1100 Nok. , you can have food and wine, an extreme dinner.... that also looked interesting even for us who do not spend that much money.

7 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Lois Evensen said...

I have walked that dockside, but not when that festival was happening. It looks like lots of fun. What is the exchange rate NOK to USD now? 7:1? If that is the case, the dinner with wine would be about $70. Is that for 2 people?

Michelle said...

Looks like a great way to spend an afternoon.

Jack said...

I am glad that the festival had some luck with the weather.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a great spot to have a festival Gunn, ships in the background look food and glad about the sunshine, it always amazes me how the weather can change from one day to the next!

Gunn said...

Lois, -the food and wine was just for one person! All exhibitors had to serve something, a taste to an ok price, so there are plenty of opportunities for the average person, who can`t or don`t want to pay that amount of money.

Rob Siemann said...

How nice! I love Ethiopian food, used to be a cheap alternative when I was living in Jerusalem. So good!