Friday 22 May 2015

NOT made in Norway.















I still find it strange to see all the things, clothes and souvenirs made in China, and as in this photo, handmade children's clothes from Peru.

Why can't Stavanger tell tourists that we actually have many people who are excellent ambassadors for real HANDMADE items from Norway.

As a tourist I would have felt cheated if I came home with something that I thought was typical for the country I visited.....only to find out later that it was made on the other side of the planet.

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

I sometimes wonder the same thing when I see these vendors.

LuiZ FernandoS said...

I agree.

Yael said...

It is all over the world now.I agree too.

Pietro Brosio said...

Often the same thing in Italy.

Babzy.B said...

i agree :)

Unknown said...

Ah Gunn a worldwide problem I'm afraid, local products should be made locally..

Mo said...

I agree, there is a move here for more local made

Diane said...

Its a world wide problem,seems nobody else can make things as cheap a China where they pay ridiculous salaries!

Diane said...

It seems that nobody else can make things as cheap as China were they pay ridiculous salaries!

Lois Evensen said...

AMEN! I so agree. My Honey and I travel often and are disappointed to see all of the imported "souvenirs."

Lynette said...

You've hit the nail on the head with your caption of your photo. Thanks!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Totally agree Gunn, its a shame tourists don't look a little harder for authentic souvenirs instead of looking for the cheapest.