Saturday 10 October 2009


Saturday turned out to be a bright and sunny day! ;-)
I have been in to the centre of the city, where I had a nice lunch with a friend.
We had not booked a table for lunch, and tried 3 popular places before we found a table at a nice place to enjoy our healthy food and nice wine.
It is a very long time since I have seen soooo many people everywhere in Stavanger!
It might have to do with the "Haustmarked" / "Autumn market" where there were lots of different activities in the park, (todays photo.) and a popular place to taste and buy marmalades, honey etc. and there were also special offers in many of the shops.

Inspired by Mo (A glimse of London), I decided that it was time for a little COMPETITION. Thanks to some sponsorship from ECM/Grappa Musikkforlag, I am able to offer a Jan Garbarek Jazz CD to the lucky winner. The competition closes 24.10.2009 and the winner will be announced on Stavanger Daily Photo and also contacted by email. To enter, fill out the competition form on the right -->

4 comments:

Mo said...

Love the market. Don't know any of the answers to your questions. Will see if I can find them via google

VP said...

Strange effect, here people are still wearing short sleeves...

Unseen Rajasthan said...

What a beautiful shot !! Nice effect !! Great..Unseen Rajasthan

Lowell said...

The city must have been full of people if you had so much trouble finding a place to eat...but this market looks like great fun; I can see why it is crowded. Wouldn't mind being there myself!